Sorry but we had to cancel the course on October 28-30, 2021, in cooperation with Centre Hospitalier Vétérinaire Equin de Livet, France, due to the low number of persons registered at the end of the early registration deadline!
The courses shall allow participants to follow and practice each single step of a lameness exam of horses. The number of participants is restricted to 14 in each course to achieve the objective. The instructors will be Sue Dyson and Lotta Månsby in Sweden and Sébastien Caure and Sue Dyson in France.
Participants are invited to bring along their own ultrasound and radiographic equipment as well as radiographic images for evaluation in the group! The German Academy for Continuous Veterinary Education (ATF) credits each course with 21 hours.
Thursday, theory (Equine clinic)
- 9:00 – Lame or not lame: Gait evaluation at the walk, trot on the straight and circles at hard and soft grounds including flexion tests.
- 10:45 – Coffee break
- 11:15 – Diagnostic anesthesia’s: Which one for what and how.
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:30 – Diagnostic anesthesia’s: Which one for what and how.
- 15:30 – Coffee break
- 16:00 – Ultrasonographic examination of the limbs
- 18:00 – End
Friday, wet-labs (Equine Clinic)
- 9:00 – Diagnostic anesthesia´s on cadaver limbs
- 11:30 – Clinical lameness examination: Participants will evaluate with the instructors the gait of lame horses, the effect of flexion tests and diagnostic blocks. Further diagnostic anesthesia´s will be practiced on cadaver limbs so that all participants have the chance to get confidence in this procedure.
- 18:30 – End
- 18:45 – Barbecue
Saturday, wet-labs (Equine Clinic)
- 8:45 – Ultrasound and radiography: Participants will work independently after demonstrations of specific areas by the instructors. Own equipment is very welcome!
- 10:30 – Coffee break
- 11:00 – Ultrasound and radiography
- 13:00 – Lunch
- 14:00 – Ultrasound and radiography
- 16:00 – End