Müggenhausen and Heimerzheim, September 25 to 27, 2020
in cooperation with Pferdeklinik Burg Müggenhausen GmbH
Friday, September 25, theory (Hotel Weidenbrück)
Sue Dyson and Thomas Weinberger
- 9:00 – Lame or not lame: Gait evaluation at the walk, trot on the straight and circles at hard and soft grounds.
- 10:45 – Coffee break
- 11:15 – Diagnostic anesthesia’s: Which one for what and how.
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:30 – Flexion tests: Which one for what and how.
- 15:30 – Coffee break
- 16:00 – Ultrasonographic examination of the limbs
- 18:00 – End
Saturday, September 26, wet-labs (Equine Clinic Burg Müggenhausen)
- 9:00 – Diagnostic anesthesia´s on cadaver limbs
- 11:30 – Clinical lameness examination
Participants will evaluate with the instructors the gait of lame horses, the effect of flexion tests and diagnostic blocks. Further diagnostic anesthesia´s will be practiced on cadaver limbs so that all participants have the chance to get confidence in this procedure.
- 18:30 -End
- 18:45 – Barbecue
Sunday, September 27, wet-labs (Equine Clinic Burg Müggenhausen)
- 8:45 – Ultrasound and radiography: Participants will be divided in 2 groups and ultrasound and radiography themselves. Own equipment is very welcome!
- 10:30 – Coffee break
- 11:00 – Ultrasound and radiography
- 13:00 – Lunch
- 14:00 – Ultrasound and radiography
- 16:00 – End
Locations and dates:
Hotel Weidenbrück – about 2 km away from the equine clinic; see address below.
September 26 and 27
Equine clinic Burg Müggenhausen GmbH,
Burg Müggenhausen, 53919 Weilerswist-Müggenhausen, Germany;
Phone: +49 (0) 2254-6001-0; Fax -150;
e-mail email@example.com; www.pferde-klinik.de
Accommodation (about 2-4 km from the equine clinic)
Nachtigallenweg 27, 53913 Swisttal-Heimerzheim;
Phone +49 (0) 2254-6030; Fax -408;
Kölner Str. 27, 53913 Swisttal-Heimerzheim;
+49 (0) 2254-830789; http://www.hotel-klosterstuben.com
Hotel Zum Schwan
Bergstr. 20, 539191 Weilerswist-Metternich;
+49 (0) 2254-9939068; www.schwan-metternich.de
- Nearest airports: Cologne/Bonn (CGN); Düsseldorf (DUS); Frankfurt (FRA)
- More equine professionals’ education: Please check under events in agpferd.com
graduated from Cambridge University, United Kingdom. She was Head of Clinical Orthopedics at the Animal Health Trust in Newmarket, England for many years until 2018 and is now an independent consultant for in-depth orthopedic evaluations and pre-purchase examinations of horses. She is a Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Specialist in Equine Orthopedics, a European Specialist in Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation and Associate of the European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging. Sue has also ridden at top British level in Eventing and Show Jumping and has trained horses that have competed at the Olympics and World Championships.
graduated from the University of Munich, Germany. Thomas is a board certified equine specialist in Germany and owns together with Cordula Gather the equine clinic Burg Müggenhausen GmbH. His mayor professional interests are orthopedics, ophthalmology and surgery. He has a license to train Thoroughbreds, presided for many years the Chief Veterinary Officers of the European Horseracing Scientific Liaison Committee and consults for the Direktorium für Vollblutzucht und Rennpferde (Association for Thoroughbred Racing and Breeding).