Lüsche, Germany, October 2 to 4, 2020
In cooperation with Tierklinik Lüsche
Participants will witness experts in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiological pathologies work up routine clinical cases. The instructors will discuss their approaches, diagnosis and treatment options as they proceed. On the third day ample opportunity is given to improve your own skills while working under the guidance of the experts! We encourage you to bring along your own equipment! The German Academy for Continuous Veterinary Education (Akademie für Tierärztliche Fortbildung) credits this course with 21 hours.
Sadly, Mary Durando is not coming due to the travel restrictions prevailing to combat Covid-19. Happily, Dominique De Clercq has accepted to share her expertise with us replacing Mary Durando.
Mary: All the best and until another time!
Friday, October 2, Tierklinik Lüsche, Practical work
- 10:00 – Clinical examination of cases with Dominique De Clercq, Lesley Young and Inge Wijnberg
We will work on horses with cardiological pathologies. The day will be divided into four sessions of 90 minutes each. In the first three sessions a new case is presented / session / instructor, but the group of participants changes, so the participants get an opportunity to experience each of the instructor’s routine clinical exam. The fourth 90 minutes session will be devoted to further examine cases already presented as deemed necessary, show special diagnostic techniques and discuss treatment options.
- 18:30 – End
- 19:00 – Barbecue
Saturday, October 3, Tierklinik Lüsche, Lüsche: Case discussion and lectures with Dominique De Clercq, Lesley Young and Inge Wijnberg
- 9:00 – Each case worked from the day before will be presented. This will include photos, eventually videos and history. Participants can comment on the diagnostic and treatment options. Diagnosis and treatment of specific conditions (types of medication with dosage and frequency) will be discussed.
Thereafter, the following topics will be lectured (not completed yet):
- Atrial fibrillation: What we know and what not!
- Case discussions on Criteria for fit to perform, or when is it unsafe for usage
- 18:00 – End
Sunday, October 4, Tierklinik Lüsche: Wet labs
- 8:30 – Participants will work with Dominique De Clercq, Lesley Young and Inge Wijnberg to improve skills selected. Please indicate when registering the order of your preferences. 1) Clinical cardiological exam; 2) Echocardiography; 3) ECG; 4) Other
- 13:30 – Lunch
- 14:30 – Continue work.
- 17:00 – End